Auction Terms & Conditions 1. TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE. The following conditions of sale make up the entire terms and conditions by which items listed in the Epic Auctions and Estate Sale, LLC catalog, on the internet web site and addendum sheets, will be offered for sale or sold by Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. All bidders who participate by bidding in this auction agree to the terms and conditions of sale and are bound by same. Any notices, posted or oral, during the sale, are also part of our terms and conditions of sale agreement. Acceptance of a bidder card, bidder number, or online registration constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. THE AUCTIONEER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS BY THE WINNING BIDDER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BIDDING ON THE WRONG LOT, THE CAT BIDDING, THE MOUSE WAS STUCK, ETC…
2. BUYER'S PREMIUM AND SALES TAX. All bid prices "hammer prices" ("hammer prices" mean the price at which a lot is knocked down to the purchaser) will be subject to a buyer's premium of 18% for online purchases payable by the purchaser. This premium is added to the purchaser's successful bid and the two together equal the total purchase price. State sales tax is computed on the total purchase price (hereinafter the total purchase price and applicable sales tax will be referred to as the "Total Amount Due"). All Sales are subject to Michigan 6% Sales Tax unless a valid Michigan sales tax license is provided. Generally, all items shipped out of state are tax free sales.
3. METHOD OF PAYMENT. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Wire Transfer (with advance notice). We do NOT accept American Express or checks for online winning bids.
4. TERMS OF PAYMENT. At the close of the lot, the high bidder will have purchased the offered lot. All sales are final upon the closing of the lot. The purchase is subject to all terms and conditions set forth herein. The purchaser assumes full responsibility thereof. The purchaser further agrees to pay the Total Amount Due. The Total Amount Due must be paid in full within 3 days after the receipt of invoice.
5. NONPAYMENT. If Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC does not receive payment in full, in good cleared funds, within ten (10) calendar days following the sale, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC reserves the right to exercise one or more of the following measures, in addition to actions allowed by law: (a) to impose a late charge of one and a half percent (1.5%) per thirty (30) days of the total purchase price; (b) to hold the defaulting Buyer liable for the total amount due and to begin legal proceedings for its recovery together with interest, legal fees, and costs to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law; (c) to cancel the sale; (d) to resell the property publicly or privately with such terms as Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC finds appropriate and hold the Buyer liable for any deficiency, cost, including handling charges, the expenses of both sales, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC's commission on both sales, all other charges due hereunder, and incidental damages; (e) to block the Buyer from participation in future auctions; (f) to take other measures Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC deems fit. In addition, a defaulting Buyer will be deemed to have granted Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC a security interest in, and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC may retain as collateral security for such Buyer's obligations to Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC, any property in Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC's possession owned by such Buyer.
6. WITHDRAWAL. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC reserves the right to withdraw any property from the auction prior to sale.
7. PROTESTS, DISPUTES AND THE AUCTIONEER. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC reserves the right to accept or reject any bid from any bidder. The highest bidder, acknowledged by the Auctioneer, will be the purchaser. There are times that the Auctioneer will not acknowledge online bids due to slow response by online bidder, internet connection speed, etc. Auctioneer will make every attempt to accept online bids made in a timely manner. The Auctioneer shall have sole and final discretion as to the disposition of any dispute including the re-offer and resale of any article in dispute. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC records will be deemed conclusive in all respects in the event there is any dispute after the sale.
8. FAILURE TO DELIVER PURCHASER'S PROPERTY. If Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC is prevented by fire, theft, or any other reason from delivering any property to the purchaser, Auctioneer's liability shall be limited to the sum actually paid by the purchaser and there shall be in no event include any additional incidental or consequential damages.
9. CATALOG AND OTHER DESCRIPTIONS. All statements by Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC in the catalog entries for the property or in the condition reports or made orally or in writing elsewhere, are statements of opinion and are not to be relied upon as statements of fact. Estimates of the selling price should not be relied upon as statements that this is the price, for which the item will sell or its value for any other purpose. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC, nor the Seller, is responsible for any errors and omissions in the catalog or any supplemental material.
10. BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITIES. You, as a prospective Buyer, are responsible for personally examining or otherwise insuring satisfaction with all lots, in which You have an interest. By placing a bid, You signify that You have examined, or otherwise insured Your satisfaction with the lot as fully as You desire; or that You have chosen not to examine, or otherwise insure Your satisfaction. If You require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, condition, etc., and the results of Your examination and/or other investigation leave uncertainty in Your mind, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC recommends You have an independent expert examine the lot for You.
11. GUARANTEE. All property offered for sale is as is, where is. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS AND NO EXCHANGES. Epic Auctions and Estate Sale, LLC does not guarantee or make warranties, written or implied, on any lot sold. Descriptions in the catalog are an opinion. They are written as an aid to potential bidders. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC acknowledges that there may be errors in what is written. It is recommended that you personally view any item you bid on or have an acknowledged expert view the item. No employee of Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC or any person purporting to act on their behalf is authorized to make, any representation or warranty, oral or written, with respect to any lot or item for sale.
12. ABSENTEE BIDDING. All bids must be entered online by the bidder. We will not accept absentee bids for this event.
13. RESERVE. Some lots may be offered subject to a reserve, which is a minimum price below which the lot will not be sold. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC may, at its discretion, disclose the amount of reserve. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC may place bids on items that are subject to reserve.
14. TELEPHONE BIDDING. Telephone bidding will not be available for this auction sale.
15. SHIPPING. Shipping for this auction will be handled by MSU Destination Auction staff. In the event there are shipping and handling costs beyond typical mailing costs, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC will contact you for payment. First class mailing costs of certificates in this auction will be covered by the Seller.
16. DISPUTES UNDER THIS CONTRACT. Purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC agree to mediate any dispute or claim arising between them resulting from the purchaser participating in the auction or any resulting transaction, with the exception of the failure of the purchaser to make full payment of the purchaser's obligations to Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. In the event the purchaser fails to make full payment, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC may, but is not required to, proceed directly to court. Furthermore, the purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC agree that should Mediation be necessary, Mediation fees, if any, will be borne solely by the purchaser. Purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC are required under the terms and conditions of sale to enter into Mediation before arbitration or any court action. If a party commences legal action other than Mediation without giving written notice to the other party, the party so commencing the legal action will not be entitled to recover attorney's fees even if they would otherwise be allowed in the action. All mediation, arbitration and court proceedings, whether in state or federal court, shall be filed and conducted solely within Ingham County, State of Michigan, and not in any other jurisdiction.
Should Mediation not settle the dispute between the parties, the purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC agree that any dispute or claim, in law or equity, resulting from the participation in the auction or any resulting transaction shall be settled in neutral binding arbitration utilizing the standards of American Arbitration Association and must be initiated and carried out in Ingham County, State Of Michigan. Any bidder or purchaser agrees that the election of restricting any and all claims to Arbitration is a voluntary decision and is evidenced by the bidder or purchaser's participation in the auction. The purchaser specifically agrees to the following: I have read the terms and conditions of sale and by my participation in this sale I agree all disputes arising out of my participation will be first submitted to Mediation, and if Mediation is not successful in resolving the dispute I then submit to neutral binding Arbitration with Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC and any other entity under this contract. No lawsuit shall be filed until a person has in good faith completed all Mediation and Arbitration proceedings as required hereunder.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, ALL PROPERTY IS SOLD "AS IS" "WHERE IS". NEITHER Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC OR THE CONSIGNOR MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS OR CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY OR AS TO THE CORRECTNESS OF DESCRIPTION, GENUINENESS, ATTRIBUTION, PROVENANCE OR PERIOD OF THE PROPERTY OR AS TO WHETHER THE PURCHASER ACQUIRES ANY COPYRIGHTS OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IN LOTS SOLD OR AS TO WHETHER A WORK OF ART IS SUBJECT TO THE ARTIST'S MORAL RIGHTS OR OTHER RESIDUAL RIGHTS OF THE ARTIST. ALL FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION ARE SOLD AS COLLECTOR LOTS ONLY. FITNESS TO FIRE OR OTHERWISE DISCHARGE THE ARM OR AMMUNITION IS EXPRESSLY DENIED BY Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC. A COMPETENT GUNSMITH SHOULD BE CONSULTED BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE OR FIRE ANY FIREARM OR AMMUNITION. THE PURCHASER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms