Auction Terms & Conditions Terms & Conditions:
NOTE: MUST BE PICKED-UP AND PAID FOR BEFORE THE END OF THE STATED PICKUP TIMES!!!
1. TERMS OF PAYMENT. At the close of the lot, the high bidder will have purchased the offered lot. All sales are final upon the closing of the lot. The purchase is subject to all terms and conditions set forth herein. The purchaser assumes full responsibility thereof. The purchaser further agrees to pay the Total Amount Due within 36 hours after closing of lot
2. PICK UP: Each item "MUST BE PICKED UP THIS DAY ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS" on Saturday May 12, 2018 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m at the home LOCATED IN OKEMOS, MI 48864. (Address will be on your invoice.) This is an occupied home and all items must be picked up this day and if you can not pick up or can't have them shipped - DO NOT BID. If you wish to have your items shipped at your expense, please contact us by May 11th, to arrange for payment and shipping. For this auction, we will handle most of the shipping in-house however reserve the right to contact and utilize UPS on items deemed necessary. (UPS will bill directly upon your approval.) We will use USPS Flat Rate Priority Service primarily. We charge for boxes, shipping supplies, and a per lot handling fee of $4. We will combine shipping when possible for multiple lots. All shipments require insurance. We do not ship items without insurance coverage for the final price of the item.
3. TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE. The following conditions of sale make up the entire terms and conditions by which items listed by Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. will be sold. All bidders who participate by bidding in this auction agree to the terms and conditions of sale and are bound by same. Any notices, posted or oral, during the sale, are also part of our terms and conditions of sale agreement. Acceptance of a bidder card, bidder number, or online registration constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. THE AUCTIONEER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OF THE PURCHASER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE PURCHASER BIDDING ON THE WRONG LOT.
4. BUYER'S PREMIUM AND SALES TAX. All bid prices "hammer prices" ("hammer prices" means the price at which a lot is knocked down to the purchaser) will be subject to a buyer's premium of 20% payable by the purchaser. This premium is added to the purchaser's successful bid amount. NO MI sales tax on this sale as all items are contained on the estate premises.
5. METHOD OF PAYMENT. We accept Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or Wire Transfer (with advance notice).
6. NONPAYMENT. Payment will not be deemed to have been made in full until Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. has collected funds represented by checks or in the case of bank or cashier's checks, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. has confirmed their authenticity. If Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. does not receive payment in full, in good cleared funds, by the end of the stated pickup times, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. reserves the right to exercise one or more of the following measures, in addition to actions allowed by law: (a) to impose a late charge of one and a half percent (5%) per thirty (30) days of the total purchase price; (b) to hold the defaulting Buyer liable for the total amount due and to begin legal proceedings for its recovery together with interest, legal fees, and costs to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law; (c) to cancel the sale; (d) to resell the property publicly or privately with such terms as Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. finds appropriate and hold the Buyer liable for any deficiency, cost, including handling charges, the expenses of both sales, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc.'s commission on both sales, all other charges due hereunder, and incidental damages; (e) to block the Buyer from participation in future auctions; (f) to take other measures Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. deems fit. In addition, a defaulting Buyer will be deemed to have granted Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. a security interest in, and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. may retain as collateral security for such Buyer's obligations to Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc., any property in Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc.'s possession owned by such Buyer.
7. WITHDRAWAL. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. reserves the right to withdraw any property from the auction prior to the completion of the auction sale.
8. PROTESTS, DISPUTES AND THE AUCTIONEER. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. reserves the right to reject any bid from any bidder. The highest bidder, acknowledged by the Auctioneer, will be the purchaser. The Auctioneer shall have sole and final discretion as to the disposition of any dispute including the re-offer and resale of any article in dispute. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. records will be deemed conclusive in all respects in the event there is any dispute after the sale.
9. FAILURE TO DELIVER PURCHASER'S PROPERTY. If Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. is prevented by fire, theft, or any other reason from delivering any property to the purchaser, Auctioneer's liability shall be limited to the sum actually paid by the purchaser and there shall be in no event include any additional incidental or consequential damages.
10. CATALOG AND OTHER DESCRIPTIONS. All statements by Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. in the catalog for the property or in the condition reports, or made orally or in writing elsewhere, are statements of opinion and are not to be relied upon as statements of fact. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. attempts to catalog and photograph every lot correctly and will attempt to point out all defects but will not be responsible or liable for the correctness of the catalog, other descriptions or visual depiction of any lot. Sizes and weights are approximate. The absence of any reference to the condition, and/or Buyer's inability to see every detail of a lot in the catalog and photographs, does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Estimates of the selling price should not be relied upon as a statement of value for which the item will sell or its value for any other purpose. Neither Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. nor the Seller is responsible for any errors and omissions in the catalog or any supplemental material.
11. BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITIES. You, as a prospective Buyer, are responsible for personally examining or otherwise insuring satisfaction with all lots, in which You have an interest. By placing a bid, You signify that You have examined, or otherwise insured Your own satisfaction with the lot as fully as You desire; or that You have chosen not to examine, or otherwise insure Your satisfaction. If You require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, condition, etc., and the results of Your examination and/or other investigation leave uncertainty in Your mind, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. recommends You have an independent expert examine the lot for You.
12. GUARANTEE. All property offered for sale is as is, where is. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS AND NO EXCHANGES. Epic Auctions and Estate Sale, Inc. does not guarantee or make warranties, written or implied, on any lot sold. Descriptions in the catalog are an opinion. They are written as an aid to potential bidders. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. acknowledges that there may be errors in what is written. It is recommended that you personally view any item you bid on or have an acknowledged expert view the item. Statements regarding condition are opinions, not statements of fact or guarantees. Items offered for sale as described in the catalog or any bill of sale, advertisement, addendum sheet, or elsewhere as to authorship, period, culture, source, origin, measurement, quality, rarity, provenance, importance, exhibition, or physical condition are qualified statements of opinion and not representations or warranties. No employee of Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. or any person purporting to act on their behalf is authorized to make, any representation or warranty, oral or written, with respect to any lot or item for sale.
13. ABSENTEE BIDDING. As a service to anyone wishing to place bids in advance of the sale Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. may accept bids on behalf of potential bidders. Purchaser acknowledges that Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. has a fiduciary duty to the sellers and no agency relationship is established with any bidders or purchasers. Purchaser acknowledges that Epic Auctions and Estate Sale, Inc. owes no duty to disclose the ownership of any item being auctioned. Any absentee bid will be executed as if the bidder was physically present and bidding on their own behalf. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. assumes no responsibility for failure to execute any absentee bids for any reason whatsoever. All bidders wishing to leave absentee bids will be required to provide a valid credit card number, security code, billing address, and phone number.
14. RESERVE. Some lots may be offered subject to a reserve, which is a minimum price below which the auctioneer is not obligated to sell the lot. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. may, at its discretion, disclose the amount of reserve. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. may advance bids on items that are subject to reserve on behalf of the Seller.
15. TELEPHONE BIDDING. Telephone bidding will only be offered on items on which you are willing to provide a $500 opening bid. In order to bid on a lot over the telephone at the time it is being sold the bidder must contact Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. in advance to make arrangements. The bidder must contact Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. no later than 2:00 p.m. the day preceding the sale to make arrangements to bid via telephone. A representative of Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. will make every attempt to contact the bidder prior to the requested lot(s) going up for sale. Telephone bid requests may be emailed EpicAuctions1@gmail.com. Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. assumes no responsibility for failure to execute phone bids for any reason whatsoever. Telephone bidding is not offered at every auction.
16. AUCTIONEER RECOGNITION OF BIDS. During the course of the auction, the auctioneer may accept bids from live audience bidders, live online bidders, online absentee bidders, onsite absentee bidders, and telephone bidders. The auctioneer reserves the right to advance bids in whatever increment they feel is in the best interest of the seller. In the event that the auctioneer accepts a bid from another bidder that equals the highest bid offered by an online absentee bidder, the bidder that the auctioneer recognized will win the bid regardless of when the bids were submitted.
17. ABANDONED LOTS. Any item that is not paid in full and picked up by the buyer within stated days will be considered abandoned, unless prior arrangements are made with Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc.. Once an item is considered abandoned, there will be no refunds given to the buyer and the item will be disposed of in any manner deemed appropriate by Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc.. Disposal fees may be assessed as needed.
18. DISPUTES UNDER THIS CONTRACT. Purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. agree to mediate any dispute or claim arising between them resulting from the purchaser participating in the auction or any resulting transaction, with the exception of the failure of the purchaser to make full payment of the purchaser's obligations to Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc.. In the event the purchaser fails to make full payment, Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. may, but is not required to, proceed directly to court. Furthermore, the purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. agree that should Mediation be necessary, Mediation fees, if any, will be borne solely by the purchaser. Purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. are required under the terms and conditions of sale to enter into Mediation before arbitration or any court action. If a party commences legal action other than Mediation without giving written notice to the other party, the party so commencing the legal action will not be entitled to recover attorney's fees even if they would otherwise be allowed in the action. All mediation, arbitration and court proceedings, whether in state or federal court, shall be filed and conducted solely within Ingham County, State of Michigan, and not in any other jurisdiction.
Should Mediation not settle the dispute between the parties, the purchaser and Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. agree that any dispute or claim, in law or equity, resulting from the participation in the auction or any resulting transaction shall be settled in neutral binding arbitration utilizing the standards of American Arbitration Association and must be initiated and carried out in Ingham County, State Of Michigan. Any bidder or purchaser agrees that the election of restricting any and all claims to Arbitration is a voluntary decision and is evidenced by the bidder or purchaser's participation in the auction. The purchaser specifically agrees to the following: I have read the terms and conditions of sale and by my participation in this sale I agree all disputes arising out of my participation will be first submitted to Mediation, and if Mediation is not successful in resolving the dispute I then submit to neutral binding Arbitration with Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. and any other entity under this contract. No lawsuit shall be filed until a person has in good faith completed all Mediation and Arbitration proceedings as required hereunder.
19. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, ALL PROPERTY IS SOLD "AS IS" "WHERE IS". NEITHER Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. OR THE CONSIGNOR MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS OR CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY OR AS TO THE CORRECTNESS OF DESCRIPTION, GENUINENESS, ATTRIBUTION, PROVENANCE OR PERIOD OF THE PROPERTY OR AS TO WHETHER THE PURCHASER ACQUIRES ANY COPYRIGHTS OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IN LOTS SOLD OR AS TO WHETHER A WORK OF ART IS SUBJECT TO THE ARTIST'S MORAL RIGHTS OR OTHER RESIDUAL RIGHTS OF THE ARTIST. ALL FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION ARE SOLD AS COLLECTOR LOTS ONLY. FITNESS TO FIRE OR OTHERWISE DISCHARGE THE ARM OR AMMUNITION IS EXPRESSLY DENIED BY Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc.. A COMPETENT GUNSMITH SHOULD BE CONSULTED BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE OR FIRE ANY FIREARM OR AMMUNITION. THE PURCHASER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL Epic Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms